The 6U-8U Recreational League provides a fun, safe, and developmentally appropriate soccer environment for 4- to 8-year-olds. The 6U-8U Recreational program is designed to help players continue to grow in the sport of soccer by introducing them to formalized games on Saturdays. The specialized curriculum helps players grow in their technical skills and learn the rules of soccer at a developmentally appropriate level for their age. Players will receive a solid foundation of coaching needed to continue into the 9U-10U level and onward.
- Teams play small-sided games (6U and 7U Play 3v3 with no goalkeepers; 8U plays 5v5 with a goalkeeper) as we focus on improving each player’s technical ability with the ball.
- Teams are coached by parent volunteer coaches and generally consist of 6-8 players depending on the game format.
- Practice is held once a week for 60 minutes for 6U teams.
- 7U players practice twice a week for 60 minutes (each). Six weeks during the season 7U teams will drop one practice a week and will attend age group training on Mondays at a centralized location.
- 8U players practice twice a week for 60 minutes (each). Six weeks during the season 8U teams will drop one practice a week and will attend age group training on Wednesdays at a centralized location.
- Games for all age brackets are played at a centralized location on Saturdays.
- Teams play 7-8 games each season