Rapids Youth Soccer partners with Soccer.com for all uniform needs. All CRYSC recreational players are required to purchase the uniform kit (white top, burgundy top, black shorts, and black socks) before the first game. We recommend ordering at least three weeks prior to their first game to ensure they have it in time for game day. Players are required to wear the official CRYSC jersey combo for games. This uniform kit is usable throughout all recreational programs.
It is important to note that uniforms are NOT included in registration costs. Additionally, uniforms are unavailable to purchase on-site at any CRYSC office – they must be purchased online via Soccer.com.
Understanding Your Time in the 5U-8U Recreational League
The 5U-8U recreational league is the first time players will begin having practices during the week and games on the weekend. It’s important for parents to understand what is available to their child during their time in the 5U-8U program including any supplemental programs and what to expect as players move into the 9U league. Parent Volunteer Coaches decide with the input of other parents on the team when and where to practice for the season. Practices are held at local parks across Denver and Aurora. All 5U-8U recreational teams are given approximately 20 yards by 30 yards to practice. Team schedules can be found on your PlayMetrics account.
Rapids Youth Soccer posts all our game schedules on PlayMetrics two weeks before the first scheduled game. For the most up-to-date information, please refer to your PlayMetrics account.
Helpful Links: What’s Next For Your Player
Soccer has two seasons, one in the fall and one in the spring. The beginning of the soccer year is in the fall with the remainder of the year taking place in the spring. Most recreational registrations are season-by-season, with some recreational and competitive leagues a full-year registration. During the summer and winter off-season we offer a variety of camps for players to continue to improve upon their skills.
Yes, uniforms are required for players to play. Members can click here to be brought to the CRYSC uniforms page. This page details the ordering process for each program with specific program links to order uniforms.
- Required: Players are required to wear shin guards and soccer cleats. Only Soccer Start players can opt for athletic shoes instead of cleats.
- Recommended: Players should bring their own water and wear appropriate athletic clothing to practices. Players should have their own soccer balls which should also be brought to each practice (see below).
- Soccer Start through 8U need a size 3 ball
- 9U – 12U need a size 4 ball
- 13U – 18U need a size 5 ball
Definitely! We will do our best to place your child according to your request. However, we cannot guarantee special placement. The best way to ensure your child plays on the team or with the teammate you want is to register early.
- We work hard to ensure that all children that wish to play soccer are given an opportunity to play regardless of their family’s financial circumstances.
- Each year, the club provides need-based grants to players that would not be able to play without financial assistance. Annual grants range in amount depending on available resources, and range from 10% of registration fees to 50% of registration fees. Grant amounts are awarded based on demonstrated financial need.
- Any player interested in obtaining financial assistance must complete a financial aid application. Click here for more information.
- Application fees are 10% of the recreational fees for rec players and the first deposit for competitive players
- Families that wish to ensure that all children are able to participate in Colorado Rapids Youth Soccer Club programming may make tax-deductible contributions to our grant program by contacting Eric Fehr ([email protected]).