CRYSC FAQ Page
Welcome to CRYSC’s Frequently Asked Question page! We know that the world of youth soccer can present a number of terms or processes that you may not be familiar with. We hope that with this page we can answer your questions and help get you started.
To find more detailed information please visit our Welcome Page, find the region closest to you, enter your player’s birthday, and proceed to the program page that best fits your player’s needs. All our program pages have a ‘Contact’ tab at the top of the page so you can find the direct contact that you can reach out to for further assistance if needed.
Frequently Asked Questions
A child must be three-years-old at the start of Soccer Start.
Soccer has two seasons, one in the fall and one in the spring. The beginning of the soccer year is in the fall with the remainder of the year taking place in the spring. Most recreational registrations are season-by-season, with some recreational and competitive leagues as a full-year registration. During the summer and winter off-season we offer a variety of camps for players to continue to improve upon their skills.
Registration end dates differ by programs. Make sure to visit the specific page you are interested in registering for to get the most up-to-date registration registration time-frames. Often, you may register your player after the deadlines, based on availability, but you will be subject to a late processing fee of $25. Players who register late are placed on teams after the players who register before the deadline.
Registration can be done easily online by clicking on the “Register” button in the menu bar or by the button below
We accept all major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express). We also accept personal checks, ACH and cash. We pretty much accept it all, but we can’t accept the deed on your house, a car, soccer equipment, or children left at practice as a form of payment.
- We work hard to ensure that all children that wish to play soccer are given an opportunity to play regardless of their family’s financial circumstances.
- Each year, the club provides need-based grants to players that would not be able to play without financial assistance. Annual grants range in amount depending on available resources, and range from 10% of registration fees to 50% of registration fees. Grant amounts are awarded based on demonstrated financial need.
- Application fees are 10% of the recreational fees for rec players and the first deposit for competitive players
- Families that wish to ensure that all children are able to participate in Colorado Rapids Youth Soccer Club programming may make tax-deductible contributions to our grant program by contacting Eric Fehr (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Any player interested in obtaining financial assistance must complete a financial aid application.
- All our teams are gender specific, except in our Soccer Start program for toddlers and preschoolers.
- Some regions will have coed teams at 5U or 6U depending on the number of registrants that season.
Use our age calculator to determine which age group your child should register for. Soccer in the United States is determined by the year the child was born. You can use the age calculator on our Welcome Page button below to help determine the age group they are but our program pages are updated each season with accurate birth year information.
Players with January and February birth dates may find themselves in a situation where they are more developed physically and/or mentally as the first born in their age group. To support their development, the club will consider allowing them to “play up” an age group. Please indicate the desire to “play up” with their classmates during registration under Special Requests. We will do our best to accommodate players in this situation, but please understand we may determine it more appropriate for your player to play in the designated age group.
Players with November and December birth dates may find themselves in a situation as the youngest players in their age group that they want to “play down” with the age group below them. Please indicate the desire to “play down” with their classmates during registration under Special Requests.
We will do our best to accommodate players in this situation, but please understand we may determine it more appropriate for your player to play in the designated age group. Additionally, this is not allowed for any players participating in a state-ran league.
Definitely! We will do our best to place your child according to your request. However, we cannot guarantee special placement. The best way to ensure your child plays on the team or with the teammate you want is to register early.
- Early registration is the best way to get on any specific team, as placements are handled by order of registration. So if you want to guarantee that you return to the same team, please register early in the registration period.
- Players who register late are not guaranteed to return to their team. If you register after the Priority Player Deadline, it is VERY possible that you will lose your spot to a new player. Players who take a season off are not guaranteed their spot back.
The uniform is NOT included in the registration fee for any of our programs except Soccer Start. Click the button below to review all uniform details.
Members can click the button below to view all CRYSC uniform details including the ordering process.
- Required: Players are required to wear shin guards and soccer cleats. Only Soccer Start players can opt for athletic shoes instead of cleats.
- Recommended: Players should bring their own water and wear appropriate athletic clothing to practices. Players should have their own soccer balls which should also be brought to each practice (see below).
- Soccer Start through 8U need a size 3 ball
- 9U – 12U need a size 4 ball
- 13U – 18U need a size 5 ball
Our volunteer coaches get to choose the practice days/times/locations, but we try to place players on teams as close to their home as possible. Our regions range from Castle Rock to Fort Collins, check out our welcome page to find which is closest to you.
All Soccer Start – 8U teams typically practice once a week for 45 minutes to 1 hour but this can change depending on the region and field access. All older teams will practice 2-3 times per week for 1 hour to 75 minutes depending on the level.
Check our field status webpage for the most up to date field conditions. Information is usually available on weekdays at 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm (depending on when we hear from our field partners) and Saturdays by 7:30 am.
Send Us a Message
Fort Collins: No physical office, reach out via email if needed
North: 1070 W 124th Ave #100, Westminster, CO 80234
Central/South: 111 Havana St, Aurora, CO 80010
Castle Rock: No physical office, reach out via email if needed
We Are Open:
Monday-Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm