Rapids Youth Soccer partners with Soccer.com for all uniform needs. All CRYSC recreational players are required to purchase the uniform kit (white top, burgundy top, black shorts, and black socks) before the first game. We recommend ordering at least three weeks prior to their first game to ensure they have it in time for game day. Players are required to wear the official CRYSC jersey combo for games. This uniform kit is usable throughout all recreational programs.
It is important to note that uniforms are NOT included in registration costs. Additionally, uniforms are unavailable to purchase on-site at any CRYSC office – they must be purchased online via Soccer.com.
Preparing for Tryouts
Players participating in the 11U-13U recreational league that are interested in joining the Competitive program at Rapids Youth Soccer should reach out to the staff to indicate an interest in joining the competitive program.
Rapids Youth Soccer puts a lot of focus on the ongoing evaluation process, meaning staff would like to see players throughout the entire year to gauge their development level to properly assist in placing the player into the Competitive program.
Competitive Player Evaluation Process
- Parent-Volunteers | Parent-volunteer notes are collected throughout the season.
- Staff-Coaches | Staff-coach forms are submitted at the end of all staff-led programs.
- Field Coordinators | Field Coordinator forms are submitted weekly to the program DOC.
- Tournaments | Many recreational teams participate in tournaments where staff are able to observe them.
- Tryouts | Tryouts are held in late May, early June every year and are the final piece to the Player Placement process.
Helpful Links: What’s Next For Your Player
There are many differences between Competitive and Rec soccer. One of the biggest factors is the level of commitment. Many Competitive players are devoted mainly to the sport of soccer and enjoy the competitiveness of the atmosphere. Additionally, Competitive teams are coached by professional coaches hired and managed by the Rapids staff. Competitive teams also train more often than recreational teams.
Yes you can. We do not guarantee that we can meet all requests, but we will do our best to accommodate them.
The Fall season is from August-October and the Spring season runs from March-May.