Rapids Fort Collins - Recreational Select Interest Form
Rapids Youth Soccer partners with Soccer.com for all uniform needs. All CRYSC recreational players are required to purchase the uniform kit (white top, burgundy top, black shorts, and black socks) before the first game. We recommend ordering at least three weeks prior to their first game to ensure they have it in time for game day. Players are required to wear the official CRYSC jersey combo for games. This uniform kit is usable throughout all recreational programs.
It is important to note that uniforms are NOT included in registration costs. Additionally, uniforms are unavailable to purchase on-site at any CRYSC office – they must be purchased online via Soccer.com.
**Select Players are required to purchase a training top with their kit**
Rapids Youth Soccer=
Understanding Your Time in the 9U-10U Leagues
The 9U-10U leagues provides opportunities for beginner to advanced players. As players prepare for their future soccer playing experience, It’s important for parents and players to understand what is available to their child during their time in the 9U-10U programs including any supplemental programs and what to expect as players move into the U11 league.
Preparing for Tryouts
The entire player placement process from 10U to 11U takes place during a player’s 10U year. Tryouts are the final step in a year-long evaluation process.
It truly takes a village to create a great soccer program and to provide proper placement for the appropriate development of every player. Below you will find how a player is evaluated throughout their 10U year with Rapids Youth Soccer.
- Parent-Volunteers | Parent-volunteer forms are collected mid-season and at the end of each season.
- Staff-Coaches | Staff-coach forms are submitted at the end of all staff-led programs.
- Kick-Arounds | Kick-rounds are held during the Spring Season.
- In-House Events | Seasonal in-house events are used to evaluate, such as the community cup, festivals, and Soccerfest.
- Tryouts | Tryouts are held in late May, early June every year and are the final piece to the Player Placement process.
Participation in the Select Program is by invitation only. Rapids staff will select players based upon staff observations throughout the year during training, games, kick-arounds, Premier Training, parent coach evaluations and Soccerfest with final approval from the Age-Group Directors of Coaching.
Soccer has two seasons, one in the fall and one in the spring. The beginning of the soccer year is in the fall with the remainder of the year taking place in the spring. Most recreational registrations are season-by-season, with some recreational and competitive leagues a full-year registration. During the summer and winter off-season we offer a variety of camps for players to continue to improve upon their skills.
Yes, uniforms are required for players to play. Members can click here to be brought to the CRYSC uniforms page. This page details the ordering process for each program with specific program links to order uniforms.
Select players are required to purchase a training top as well.
- Required: Players are required to wear shin guards and soccer cleats. Only Soccer Start players can opt for athletic shoes instead of cleats.
- Recommended: Players should bring their own water and wear appropriate athletic clothing to practices. Players should have their own soccer balls which should also be brought to each practice (see below).
- Soccer Start through 8U need a size 3 ball
- 9U – 12U need a size 4 ball
- 13U – 18U need a size 5 ball
Definitely! We will do our best to place your child according to your request. However, we cannot guarantee special placement. The best way to ensure your child plays on the team or with the teammate you want is to register early.
- We work hard to ensure that all children that wish to play soccer are given an opportunity to play regardless of their family’s financial circumstances.
- Each year, the club provides need-based grants to players that would not be able to play without financial assistance. Annual grants range in amount depending on available resources, and range from 10% of registration fees to 50% of registration fees. Grant amounts are awarded based on demonstrated financial need.
- Any player interested in obtaining financial assistance must complete a financial aid application. Click here for more information.
- Application fees are 10% of the recreational fees for rec players and the first deposit for competitive players
- Families that wish to ensure that all children are able to participate in Colorado Rapids Youth Soccer Club programming may make tax-deductible contributions to our grant program by contacting Eric Fehr ([email protected]).