Getting the USSF F License
Posted by: Regan Brown | U6-U8 Program Director
The Rapids Youth Soccer Club prides itself on the support we provide coaches who want to continue their coaching education. One of the first steps for coaches looking to further develop their coaching knowledge is taking the USSF F License. The “F” License is a 2-hour course, conducted entirely online, intended for all parents and coaches of youth players. The focus of this grassroots course is to share U.S. Soccer’s best practices in creating a fun, activity-centered and age-appropriate environment for 5-8 year old players. You can access this course through the U.S. Soccer’s Digital Coaching Center.
As a Club, we are committed to reimbursing any coach who wants to take their USSF F License.
The “F” license course is open to all applicants at least 16 years of age.
What to Expect:
In order to register for the course, candidates will first be required to sign up for a user account in the U.S. Soccer Digital Coaching Center- a state of the art online educational platform.
The course takes approximately 2 hours to complete. However, candidates can stop, rewind, or restart the webinars as often as needed.
After registering for the course, candidates are granted access to the course content for 12 months. The course may be successfully completed at any time during this period.
The F course is broken into four key modules: Kick-off, 1st Half, Halftime, and 2nd Half.
Following each webinar, candidates are required to complete a series of multiple-choice questions. To successfully complete each webinar, all checks for understanding must be answered correctly. To maximize comprehension and facilitate learning, candidates will have multiple attempts to correctly answer all questions.
CRYSC Online Resources:
Rapids Youth Soccer offers an entire online coaching portal with information that is proprietary and shareable only with registered coaches within the club. Here is a list of information you will find in the private coaches section of the website:
- Age-specific curriculum for entire seasons
- Forum discussions regarding an entire range of coaching specific questions
- Session plans built out and ready to use
- Blog posts with detailed information on implementation of the Rapids Youth curriculum
- Rapids Youth Soccer makes it easy for our volunteer coaches to not only have fun, but provide an educational experience for kids to grow and develop in with the game of soccer
How to Access:
The Rapids Youth Soccer Coaching Portal can be found on our website at rapidsyouthsoccer.org/coaching/. All coaches need to have an account on our website to access the portal. You can create an account by following these basic steps:
- On the right-hand side of your screen, find the sign-in box. You will see a link in this box that says “Register”.
- You will be taken to a new screen, where you again select the “Register” link.
- Fill out the registration box with your name, email, and new username.
- You will be emailed a confirmation from Rapids Youth Soccer once your registration has been approved.
- If you have any trouble with your registration, please contact our office at 303.399.5858.