3 Games in 1 Day + Coaching Education from Rapids Staff! The 2021 Big Wave Jamboree is ready to bring the fun for all recreational youth soccer teams in Colorado in 2021! Join us for this one-day, jamboree-style tournament taking place on Saturday, August 28th, 2021. The jamboree is a unique, community-focused event open to recreational boys and girls team, ages 6U-12U. Nearly 50 teams joined us in 2019 and we expect that number to grow in 2021!
Big Wave registration will close on August 14th, 2021. Please note, a $100 late fee will be added one week prior to the deadline, so have your team registered by August 7th to avoid this fee.
Find all of the information that you need to get your team registered in the 2021 Big Wave Jamboree guide below. For any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact CRYSC Tournaments Director, Marcus Owerko, at email@example.com.
Tournament Weekend Details
- When? Saturday August 28th, 2021
- Who? 6U to 12U Boys & Girls Recreational teams
- Where? Gates Soccer Complex
- How Much? $250-$350 per team, depending on age & level
- Deadline to Register? August 14th, 2021.
Why is the Jamboree different?
- Coaching Education! Rapids Youth staff provide a 60-minute classroom session and a 60-minute field session for all rec coaches in the tournament.
- Small-Sided Games! Teams play in a unique environment that promotes lots of goals and tons of action.
- Low Cost! A true bang-for-your-buck event for one low registration fee.
- Fun in the Sun! This event will have inflatables and opens fields for kids to play on.
Required Completed Forms
- Every competitive team 8U – 14U is required to provide a state sanctioned roster.
- Every recreational team 6U – 14U is required to provide a club-verified copy of their roster.
- If your roster is NOT the new 2021 CSA roster with pictures, teams are required to bring player passes, including guest players.
- All teams are required to bring an official guest roster should you have guest players. (Above)
- All competitive teams must supply medical release forms for all players. (Above)
- For teams coming from outside Region IV, and out of state guest players, must have official permission from the home state sanctioning body to participate in the Icebreaker Tournament.
Cancellation Refund Agreement:
- For a tournament in progress (dates of planned event), in the event of rain, snow or acts of God, the tournament director reserves the right to reduce game times and numbers of games.
- Refund Structure is as follows:
- 100% refund – if the tournament is cancelled in entirety due to COVID-19.
- 80% refund – if the event is cancelled entirely due to weather, or any other external forces.
- 60% refund – If only 1 game is played of the 3 guaranteed games.
- 30% refund – If only 2 games are played of the 3 guaranteed games.
- No refund is given if:
- A team withdraws within 30 days prior to the tournament.
- a team decides to forfeit a game, giving them less than the guaranteed minimum of played games.
- The team withdraws to play in another tournament.
Gates Soccer Complex
Frequently Asked Questions
Registration is open NOW!
The Registration Deadline is August 14th, 2021.
Teams who apply during the waitlist week will be notified no later than by August 7th, 2021 of their acceptance into the event.
**A $100 late fee will be added on for all registrations received during our waitlist time period.**
The tournament will be held at The Gates Soccer Complex.
Teams will begin seeing acceptance notifications as early as 6 weeks before the tournament date. Acceptances will cease within 2 weeks of the event date.
All teams are guaranteed 3 games!
Due to the nature of this event being a “jamboree-style” event, we will NOT be keeping scores or win-loss records. All participants will receive a Big Wave participation medal.