Colorado’s Biggest Recreational Tournament! Calling all Colorado-based recreational and competitive teams – join us this spring for the 11th annual Rapids Youth Soccer Rock Cup Tournament! We are so grateful for all teams who joined us for our 10th anniversary in 2021 where we registered the most teams in Rock Cup history! We look forward to building on this progress with you in 2022!
The Rock Cup will kick off from May 20th to May 22nd at The Gates Soccer Complex, Dove Valley Park, and other Denver Metro facilities. The tournament is open to recreational and competitive teams ages 6U to 14U. In 2019, the Rock Cup grew to over 275+ teams in attendance. In 2021, we reached 318 teams, again making it the largest recreational tournament in the state!
Find all of the information that you need to get your team registered in the Rock Cup 2022 guide below. For any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact CRYSC Tournaments Director, Marcus Owerko, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ROCK CUP 2021 | EVENT IN REVIEW
Tournament Weekend Details
- When? May 20th to 22nd, 2022
- Who? 6U to 14U Boys/Girls Recreational & Competitive
- Where? Gates Complex, DICK’S SGP, & Dove Valley Park
- How Much? $350-$750 per team, depending on age & level
- Deadline to Register? April 29th, 2022
- Rosters Due? May 4th, 2022 (9U and older)
- Schedule Release? May 5th, 2022
Required Completed Forms
- Every Colorado-based competitive team 11U – 19U is required to provide a 2021 state-sanctioned roster with pictures included. (No player passes anymore.)
- All non-Colorado teams are required to bring player passes, including guest players.
- All teams are required to bring an official guest roster should you have guest players. (Above)
- All competitive teams must supply medical release forms for all players. (Above)
- If your roster is NOT the new 2022 CSA roster with pictures, Competitive teams are required to have a date of birth proof, including guest players.
- Every recreational team 6U – 8U is required to provide a club-verified copy of their roster and does NOT need to add rosters to GotSport or upload any documents.
- Every recreational team 9U – 14U is required to provide a state-sanctioned roster on your GotSport’s Team Management page.
- All teams must supply medical release forms for all players. (Above)
Cancellation Refund Agreement:
- For a tournament in progress (dates of planned event), in the event of rain, snow or acts of God, the tournament director reserves the right to reduce game times and numbers of games.
- Refund Structure is as follows:
- 100% refund – if the tournament is cancelled in entirety due to COVID-19.
- 80% refund – if the event is cancelled entirely due to weather, or any other external forces.
- 60% refund – If only 1 game is played of the 3 guaranteed games.
- 30% refund – If only 2 games are played of the 3 guaranteed games.
- No refund is given if:
- A team withdraws within 30 days prior to the tournament.
- a team decides to forfeit a game, giving them less than the guaranteed minimum of played games.
- The team withdraws to play in another tournament.
Interested in becoming a Sponsor or Partner?
The Colorado Rapids Youth Soccer Club is looking for new sponsors, on-site vendors, and community partners in 2022! Please reach out to tournament staff if you/your company are interested in sponsoring our events/club! Inquiries can be sent in by clicking HERE.
Looking for great nutrition for your athlete at this year’s Rock Cup?
Whether you’re a coach, a parent, or an athlete yourself, choose chocolate milk – the sports drink nature intended and official refuel beverage of Colorado Rapids Youth Soccer Club. Learn more about the benefits of chocolate milk for sports recovery from our friends and partners at Dairy MAX.
Visit one of the chocolate milk refuel stations at the 2022 Rock Cup for free drinks, products, and information on the recovery benefits of milk!
Gates Soccer Complex
DICK'S Sporting Goods Park
Thank You to Our Proud Partners of The Rock Cup:
Frequently Asked Questions
Most teams will play at one location, and the age groups will likely be split us as such:
- 3 V 3 Games (U6 & U7) – All located at Gates North Complex.
- 5 V 5 Games (U8) – All located at Gates North Complex.
- 7 V 7 Games (U9 & U10) – Most located at Gates North Complex, some at Dove Valley.
- 9 V 9 Games (U11 & U12) – Most located at Gates South Complex, some at Dove Valley.
- 11 V 11 Games (U13 & U14) – ALL DICK’S Sporting Goods Park
Teams will begin seeing acceptance notifications as early as 6 weeks before the tournament date. Acceptances will cease within 2 weeks of the event date.
Every 6U-8U ages will play minimum 3 games in a “festival-style” format.
All U9 and older teams will play 3 games with potential of a final.
Schedules will be sent out no later than May 9th, 2022. Schedules can be found on GotSoccer OR at the top of this web page.
Scoring and Point System
The following points are allotted per instance:
- Six (6) points for a win;
- Three (3) points for a tie;
- No (zero) points for a loss;
- Minus two (-2) points for a forfeiture or abandonment of a game.
- One (1) point per goal scored (Up to 3 points maximum regardless of score).
Determination of Group Winners
In group play, there will be no overtime games. Standings in a group will be determined by game points:
- Win: 6 points;
- Tie: 3 points;
- Loss: 0 points;
- Goals: 1 point for each goal up to 3 goals;
- 1 point for shut out except for 0-0.
In the event that two or more teams are tied in points at the end of the preliminary games, the following tie breakers shall be applied in the order given until a winner is determined:
- Head to Head (if all teams played each other);
- Goal Differential;
- Goals For ;
- Goals Against;
- Most Shutouts;
- Penalty Shootout.
All scores are entered and updated immediately online as soon as game cards are received. The scores for the final game of the day will be entered within 2 hours of the score being received. All flights and playoff games for day 2 of the tournament will be updated online 2 hours following the final game on day 1. The website will be the most up-to-date and accurate information for scores and standings.
4 team bracket – Round robin with the top 2 teams playing in a championship.
5 team bracket – Round robin with highest point team as champion.
6 team bracket – Two 3-team groups with the top team from each playing in a cross-bracket championship and a cross-bracket consolation game.
8 team bracket – Two 4-team groups with the top team from each playing in a championship game.
**6U to 8U age groups will paly a Jamboree format which does not include finals.**
For 6U-8U Teams:
- All teams U6 to U7 will receive “Participation Awards”.
For 9U and Older Teams:
- First place teams will receive a “Champions” medal for each player and coach, and 1 “Champion” trophy per team.
- Second place teams will receive a “Finalist” medal each player and coach.