Colorado’s Biggest Recreational Tournament! Calling all Colorado-based recreational and competitive teams – join us this spring for the 10th annual Rapids Youth Soccer Rock Cup tournament! While we were not able to host our event in 2020, we are so excited to bring this event back to the Colorado soccer community for our 10th anniversary!
Rock Cup 2021 will kick off May 21st-23rd at Gates Soccer Complex, Dove Valley, and surrounding Denver Metro Area fields. The tournament is open to recreational and competitive teams ages 6U to 14U. In 2019, the Rock Cup grew to over 300+ teams in attendance, making it the biggest recreational tournament in the state! We can’t wait to celebrate and compete with both new and returning teams again in 2021.
For all teams traveling to Colorado for this event, we are partnered with Traveling Teams hotel booking services to make sure every team’s hospitality experience is a breeze! Traveling Teams will provide recommended hotels based on where you are playing, how much your teams would like to pay, and what amenities are important for your group! More details on hospitality can be found in the lodging tab below or by CLICKING HERE to book your stay in beautiful Colorado!
Find all of the information that you need to get your team registered in the Rock Cup 2021 guide below. For any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact CRYSC Tournaments Director, Marcus Owerko, at [email protected].
Tournament Weekend Details
Required Completed Forms
- Every competitive team 8U – 14U is required to provide a state sanctioned roster.
- Every recreational team 6U – 14U is required to provide a club-verified copy of their roster.
- If your roster is NOT the new 2021 CSA roster with pictures, Competitive teams are required to bring player passes, including guest players. Recreational teams do not need player passes.
- All teams are required to bring an official guest roster should you have guest players. (Above)
- All teams (competitive & rec) must supply medical release forms for all players. (Above)
- For teams coming from outside Region IV, and out of state guest players, must have official permission from the home state sanctioning body to participate in the Icebreaker Tournament.
Cancellation Refund Agreement:
- For a tournament in progress (dates of planned event), in the event of rain, snow or acts of God, the tournament director reserves the right to reduce game times and numbers of games.
- Refund Structure is as follows:
- 100% refund – if the tournament is cancelled in entirety due to COVID-19.
- 80% refund – if the event is cancelled entirely due to weather, or any other external forces.
- 60% refund – If only 1 game is played of the 3 guaranteed games.
- 30% refund – If only 2 games are played of the 3 guaranteed games.
- No refund is given if:
- A team withdraws within 30 days prior to the tournament.
- a team decides to forfeit a game, giving them less than the guaranteed minimum of played games.
- The team withdraws to play in another tournament.
Looking for great nutrition for your athlete at this year’s Rock Cup tournament? Whether you’re a coach, a parent, or an athlete yourself, choose chocolate milk – the sports drink nature intended and official refuel beverage of Colorado Rapids Youth Soccer Club. Learn more about the benefits of chocolate milk for sports recovery from our friends and partners at Dairy MAX.
Visit one of the chocolate milk refuel stations at the 2021 Rock Cup for free drinks, products, and information on the recovery benefits of milk!
Gates Soccer Complex
Dove Valley Regional Park
Frequently Asked Questions
The Early Deadline is April 30th, 2021.
The Waitlist Deadline is May 7th, 2021.
Teams who apply during the waitlist week will be notified no later than by April 30th, 2021 of their acceptance into the event.
**A $100 late fee will be added on for all registrations received during our waitlist time period.**
Most teams will play at one location, and the age groups will likely be split us as such:
- 3 V 3 Games (U6 & U7) – All located at Gates North Complex.
- 5 V 5 Games (U8) – All located at Gates North Complex.
- 7 V 7 Games (U9 & U10) – Most located at Gates North Complex, some at Dove Valley.
- 9 V 9 Games (U11 & U12) – Most located at Gates South Complex, some at Dove Valley.
- 11 V 11 Games (U13 & U14) – Most located at Dove Valley, some at Gates North Complex.
Teams will begin seeing acceptance notifications as early as 6 weeks before the tournament date. Acceptances will cease within 2 weeks of the event date.
Every team 8U and older is guaranteed three games. 6U-7U ages will play 4 games in a “festival-style” format.
Schedules will be sent out no later than one week prior to tournament kickoff. Schedules can be found on GotSoccer OR at the top of this web page.
The current point system is under review. Please check back at a later date.
All scores are entered and updated immediately online as soon as game cards are received. The scores for the final game of the day will be entered within 2 hours of the score being received. All flights and playoff games for day 2 of the tournament will be updated online 2 hours following the final game on day 1. The website will be the most up-to-date and accurate information for scores and standings.
4 team bracket – Round robin with the top 2 teams playing in a championship.
5 team bracket – Round robin with highest point team as champion.
6 team bracket – Two 3-team groups with the top team from each playing in a cross-bracket championship and a cross-bracket consolation game.
8 team bracket – Two 4-team groups with the top team from each playing in a championship game.
For 6U-7U Teams:
- All teams U6 to U7 will receive “Participation Awards”.
For 8U and Older Teams:
- First place teams will receive a “Champions” medal for each player and coach, and 1 “Champion” trophy per team.
- Second place teams will receive a “Finalist” medal each player and coach.