Colorado Rapids Youth Soccer Club is a local soccer club who strives to provide an opportunity for all levels of players from beginner to advanced, from three to professional. CRYSC is one of the only true full-service soccer clubs in the nation providing soccer for all types of players from all different types of backgrounds.
How We Are Different
- Professional Team Partnership
- Largest Outreach in Nation
- Development Academy Affiliation
- Highest Licensed Coaches Nationally
- Dedicated Technical Staff
- Professional Goalkeeper Coaches
We provide an environment where young soccer players from diverse backgrounds are guided and inspired to reach their full potential both on and off the field.
Colorado Rapids Youth Soccer Club is committed to providing the community with a model of quality youth development, education, and inspiration through the sport.
- To provide quality coaching that engages, challenges and inspires young athletes, regardless of previous experience, to reach their highest level in the sport of soccer;
- To provide the best possible facilities where talented young soccer players can access programming that allows them to enjoy the sport, to mature and reach their full potential;
- To fulfill civic responsibility by actively participating in community partnerships and activities;
- To encourage and provide support allowing our athletes to achieve academic success;
- To provide a pathway open to all young soccer players who wish to participate, allowing them to reach their full potential through identification, education, and competition;
- To provide an environment where young soccer players build character through the development of important life skills such as time management, responsibility, resilience, sportsmanship, work ethic and teamwork;
- To provide an environment where open honest communication between staff, players and parents is encouraged;
- To provide a structure and environment where winning is important but player development is paramount;
- To create a safe environment that contributes to the development of mentally and physically healthy individuals that have self-confidence and respect for themselves and for others,
- To provide our membership with a high level of customer service that ensures a quality experience; and,
- To create an environment that facilitates the growth of the sport of soccer and fosters a love of the game.
- Caleb Meyer
- Christi Smith
- Evan Husney
- Fernando Pineda-Reyes
- George Gastis
- Kevin Scott
- Lindsey Ghiselli
- Lisa D’Ambrosia
- Manny Rodriguez
- Peter Pak
- Ted Leonard
Frequently Asked Questions
The Colorado Rapids Youth Soccer Club is Colorado’s premier local soccer club. We work hard to ensure that all children that wish to play soccer are given an opportunity to play regardless of their family’s financial circumstances.
Each year, the club provides need-based grants to players that would not be able to play without financial assistance. Annual grants range in amount depending on available resources, and range from 10% of registration fees to 60% of registration fees. Grant amounts are awarded based on demonstrated financial need.
Any player interested in obtaining financial assistance must complete a grant application form
Application fees are $50.00 for recreational players and $100 for competitive players
Families that wish to ensure that all children are able to participate in Colorado Rapids Youth Soccer Club programming may make tax-deductible contributions to our grant program by contacting Brenda House.
Registration end dates differ by programs. Make sure to visit the specific page you are interested in registering for to get the most up-to-date registration registration time-frames. Often, you may register your player after the deadlines, based on availability, but you will be subject to a late processing fee of $25. Players who register late are placed on teams after the players who register before the deadline.
A child must be three-years-old at the start of Soccer Start.
Soccer has essentially two seasons. The beginning of the soccer year is in the fall with the remainder of the year taking place in the spring. Most recreational registrations are season-by-season, with some recreational and competitive leagues a full-year registration.
Registration can be done easily online by clicking on the Register button in the menu bar.
We accept all major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express). We also accept personal checks, ACH and cash. We pretty much accept it all, but we can’t accept the deed on your house, a car, soccer equipment, or children left at practice as a form of payment.
All our teams are gender specific, except in our Soccer Start program for toddlers and preschoolers.
Use our age calculator to determine which age group your child should register for. Soccer in the United States is determined by the year the child was born. A child born in 2010 is a 2010 player.
Players with January and February birth dates may find themselves in this situation. This is called “playing up.” Please indicate the desire to “play up” with their classmates online under Special Requests. We will do our best to accommodate players in this situation, but please understand we may determine it more appropriate for your player to play in the designated age group.
Definitely! We will do our best to place your child according to your request. However, we cannot guarantee special placement. The best way to ensure your child plays on the team you want is to register early.
Early registration is the best way to get on any specific team, as placements are handled by order of registration. So if you want to guarantee that you return to the same team, please register early in the registration period.
Players who register late are not guaranteed to return to their team. If you register after the deadline, it is VERY possible that you will lose your spot to a new player. Players who take a season off are not guaranteed their spot back.
The uniform is NOT included in the registration fee for any of our programs except Soccer Start.
Required: Players are required to wear shin guards, soccer cleats (except for Soccer Start) or athletic shoes.
Recommended: Players should bring their own water and wear appropriate clothing to practices. Players should have their own soccer balls which should also be brought to each practice (see below).
Soccer Start through U8 need a size 3 ball.
U9 – U12 need a size 4 ball.
U13 – U18 need a size 5 ball.
Our volunteer coaches get to choose the practice days/times/locations, but we try to place players on teams as close to their home as possible. We have fields in central Denver, East Denver, Aurora, and Centennial.
All Soccer Start-U8 teams will practice once a week for 45 minutes to 1 hour. All older teams will practice 2-3 times per week for 1 hour.
Check our field status website on the homepage of our website, or call our weather line, 303-399-5858 – ext 5, for field updates. Information is usually available on week days at 2:00 pm and Saturdays by 7:30 am.
Send Us a Message
Fort Collins: 2619 Canton Ct, Fort Collins, CO 80525
North: 1070 W 124th Ave #100, Westminster, CO 80234
Central/South: 111 Havana St, Aurora, CO 80010
Castle Rock: 1609 Park St, Castle Rock, CO 80109
We Are Open:
Monday-Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm