Dust off your outdoor boots and melt the competition at the Rapids Youth Soccer Icebreaker Tournament this March. All recreational and competitive teams in the 11U-12U age group are encouraged to sign up.
Introducing a new spring tradition from the Colorado Rapids Youth Soccer Club, the Icebreaker Tournament! Kick off your season with this tournament at Aurora Sports Park this March.
This tournament offers great competition, with up to 100 teams from the U11-U12 level (birthyear 2007-2006). Our selection of Aurora Sports Park allows teams to play games on top-quality turf fields, often resistant to weather complications. We offer a three-game guarantee for participating teams during the Icebreaker Tournament.
All teams who meet the age and qualification criteria are invited to join. We have teams from around the Rocky Mountain region, and we’re happy to welcome all our guests to Denver. Start your season with Rapids Youth Soccer at the new Icebreaker Tournament!
The Icebreaker will be held in March 2019.
The Icebreaker Tournament is open to 11U-12U boys and girls recreational and competitive teams.
Roster sizes should not exceed 16 for 11U/12U recreational and competitive teams. The maximum size includes guest players. Each team can have up to 5 guest players.
Dates and Deadlines
Colorado Rapids Youth Soccer Club invites all teams to participate in the Icbreaker Tournament. Start strong this Spring Season!
- March 2019
REGISTER FOR THE ICEBREAKER TODAY
Required Completed Forms
- Every competitive team U11 – U12 is required to provide a state sanctioned roster.
- Every recreational team U11 – U12 is required to provide a copy of the roster from the home club.
- All teams are required to bring player passes, including guest players.
- All teams are required to bring an official guest roster. Template can be found here.
- All competitive teams must supply to the tournament medical release forms for all players. Medical release form can be found here.
- For teams coming from outside Region IV, and out of state guest players, must have official permission from the home state sanctioning body to participate in the Kelvin Norman Tournament.
Refunds will be given according to the following policy:
For a tournament in progress (dates of planned event), in the event of rain, snow or acts of God, the tournament director reserves the right to reduce game times and numbers of games.
- If only 2 games are played a 30% refund is given.
- If only 1 game is played a 60% refund is given.
- If a tournament is canceled by the host prior to the date of the event a 80% refund is given.
No refund is given if,
- a team withdraws within 30 days prior to the tournament, or
- the team withdrew to play in another tournament.
Frequently Asked Questions
Registration is open now and will close February 4, 2018.
Teams will be notified by February 15th if they have been accepted.
Every team is guaranteed three games.
We will have an online check-in process. Check-in for all teams is mandatory. We will provide more details about the online check-in process in a confirmation email.
All teams must provide the following:
- Two copies of your state sanctioned roster
- Competitive teams only
- Two copies of your Club roster
- Recreational teams only
- Player passes, including guest players
- ALL teams
- Two copies of official guest roster if using guest players (can be found on our website)
- ALL teams
- Medical Release Forms
- Competitive teams only
- Travel Papers
- For teams outside of region IV, teams and out of state guest players must have official; permission from state sanctioning body to participate in the tournament (NO EXCEPTIONS)
Schedules will be posted two weeks prior to the event.
Team standings will be based on the following scoring system:
Win = 6 points plus 1 point for each goal scored (max of 3)
Tie = 3 points plus 1 point for each goal scored (max of 3)
Loss = 0 points plus 1 point for each goal scored (max of 3)
Forfeit = scored as a 3-0 win and 10 points will be awarded
Team Standing and Tie Breakers: Team standings will be based on the following scoring system: Win = 6 points, plus 1 point for each goal scored, (max of 3 goals) Tie = 3 points, plus 1 point for each goal scored, (max of 3 goals) Loss = 0 points, plus 1 point for each goal scored, (max of 3 goals) Bonus = 1 point is awarded for a shutout Forfeit = Scored as a 3-0 win and a total of 10 points will be awarded Winner, runner-up, and wild card teams will be determined in the following priority: (1) Point Total (2) Head to Head (3) Goal difference (not to exceed 4 per game) (4) Fewest goals allowed (5) Cards will count as minus points. Red cards will be -2 and a yellow card will be -1. Deduction of points shall only be used when all of the above tie breakers fail to determine a winner. (6) Penalty kicks from the mark.
All scores are entered and updated immediately online as soon as game cards are received. The scores for the final game of the day will be entered within 2 hours of the score being received. All flights and playoff games for day 2 of the tournament will be updated online 2 hours following the final game on day 1. The website will be the most up-to-date and accurate information for scores and standings.
The final day of play will depend on the number of teams in your flight.
Flights of 4 – Each team will play three games. There will be a final based on points. The 1st place team in points will play the 2nd place team based on points in the final.
Flights of 5 – Each team will play 4 games. The team with the most points will be the Champion of the flight and the team with the second highest point will be the Finalist of the flight.
Flights of 6 – Each team will play 2 games on day 1. The day 2 schedule will be based on points from day 1. On day 2 the first in points from day 1 in flight A will play the second in points from flight B, the first in points in flight B will play the second in points in flight A, these games will be labeled as a semi-final. The winners of these games will go on to play in the final game. The third place teams in each flight will play each other for their third game.