The 5U-8U Recreational League provides a fun, safe, and developmentally appropriate soccer environment for 4- to 8-year-olds. The 5U-8U Recreational program is designed to help players continue to grow in the sport of soccer by introducing them to formalized games. The specialized curriculum helps players grow in their technical skills and learn the rules of soccer at a developmentally appropriate level for their age. Players will receive a solid foundation of coaching needed to continue into the 9U-10U level and onward.
- Teams play small-sided games (4 v 4) with no goalkeepers, as we focus on improving each player’s technical ability with the ball.
- Teams are coached by parent volunteer coaches with the guidance and help of the club’s director, Clint Shade. Teams generally consist of 6-8 players.
- Practice is held once a week for 60 minutes and games are played at a centralized location.
- 5U Teams play 8 games each season.
- 6U-8U Teams play 14 games each season (Weeknight and Saturday’s)