One BIG Soccer Party Perfect for ALL Recreational Teams!
The Big Wave Jamboree is ready to bring fun for all recreational youth soccer teams in Colorado in 2023! Join us for this one-day, jamboree-style community event taking place on Sunday, October 8th, 2023. The Jamboree is a unique, community-focused event open to recreational boys and girls teams, ages 6U-12U.
Free Coach Education Seminar To Start the Day!
All coaches and teams who register will have access to our Coaching Education Seminar, headlined by a special guest with unique and diverse experiences and knowledge to share! More information on our speaker will be announced in the coming months.
Find all the information you need to register your team in the 2023 Big Wave Jamboree guide below. For any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact CRYSC Tournaments Director Marcus Owerko, at [email protected].
Tournament Weekend Details
- When? Sunday, October 8th, 2023
- Who? 6U to 12U Boys & Girls Recreational teams
- Where? DICK’S Sporting Goods Park
- How Much? $275-$450 per team, depending on age & level
- Final Deadline to Register? September 25th, 2023
- Schedules Released? October 2nd, 2023
- Form Submissions Due? October 4th, 2023
- Rosters & Medical Forms
Why is the Big Wave different?
- Coaching Education Seminar! Rapids Youth is bringing in a great line-up of incredible soccer minds to you!
- Fast-paced, small-sided games! Teams play in a unique environment that promotes quick matches, lots of goals, and tons of action.
- Low Cost! A true bang-for-your-buck event with games + a guest speaker for one low registration fee.
- Fun in the Sun! This event will have food, open field space to play on, and other fun activities for families and kids to enjoy!
Required Completed Forms
Every team is required to provide a Club-verified copy of their roster and upload it as a PDF into your GotSport registration.
All teams must upload medical forms for all players into their GotSport Registration. (Above)
- TWO (2) PRINTED rosters MUST be brought on the day of the event.
- All teams must have medical forms filled out by parents for each player.
- Medical forms used for the current fall season are acceptable.
- These medical forms DO NOT require a doctor’s visit or insurance cards.
Cancellation Refund Agreement:
- For a tournament in progress (dates of the planned event), in the event of rain, snow or acts of God, the tournament director reserves the right to reduce game times and numbers of games.
- The Refund Structure is as follows:
- 100% refund – if the tournament is canceled in its entirety due to COVID-19.
- 80% refund – if the event is canceled entirely due to weather, or any other external forces.
- 60% refund – If only 1 game is played of the 3 guaranteed games.
- 30% refund – If only 2 games are played of the 3 guaranteed games.
- No Refund is Given if:
- A team withdraws AFTER registration has closed.
- A team decides to forfeit a game, giving them less than the guaranteed minimum of played games.
DICK'S Sporting Goods Park
Thank You to our Proud Partners of The Big Wave Jamboree:
Frequently Asked Questions
Registration is open NOW! The Registration Deadline is September 26th, 2022. This deadline allows for late-forming teams to have access to the event!
The tournament will be held at DICK’s Sporting Goods Park, on Pod 1!
Teams will begin seeing acceptance notifications as early as 6 weeks before the tournament date. Acceptances will cease after the registration deadline passes!
All teams are guaranteed 3 games depending on the size of your bracket and registration numbers!
Due to the nature of this event being a “jamboree-style” event, we will NOT be keeping scores or win-loss records. All participants will receive a Big Wave participation medal.
- Teams will play a 3-game round-robin group stage against each other.
- Teams will be bracketed with similar-level teams to ensure a fun environment.
- Scores and standings will be reported to Tournament Staff, but NOT made public.
- Teams will play the 4th game, labeled “The Celebration Round”.
- This will be against a team who had a similar record in the Group Stage.
- Each player will receive a participation medal at the end.
- Games are to be fun-focused and for the love of the game.