3 Games in 1 Day + Coaching Education from Rapids Staff! The 2021 Big Wave Jamboree is ready to bring the fun for all recreational youth soccer teams in Colorado in 2021! Join us for this one-day, jamboree-style community event taking place on Saturday, August 28th, 2021. The jamboree is a unique, community-focused event open to recreational boys and girls team, ages 6U-12U. Nearly 50 teams joined us in 2019 and we expect that number to grow in 2021!
Free seminar with John O’Sullivan – Author of Changing The Game Project: All coaches and teams who register will have access to a seminar with author John O’Sullivan! John is a champion of ensuring that we return youth sports to our children, and put the ‘play’ back in ‘play ball.’ We want to provide the most influential adults in our children’s lives – their parents and coaches – with the information and resources they need to make sports a healthy, positive, and rewarding experience for their children, and their whole family. See John’s mission HERE.
Big Wave registration will close on August 22nd, 2021!
Find all of the information that you need to get your team registered in the 2021 Big Wave Jamboree guide below. For any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact CRYSC Tournaments Director, Marcus Owerko, at [email protected].
Big Wave Weekend Details
- When? Saturday, August 28th, 2021
- Who? 6U to 12U Boys & Girls Recreational teams
- Where? DICK’S Sporting Goods Park
- How Much? $250-$350 per team, depending on age & level
- Final Deadline to Register? August 22nd, 2021 at 5:00 PM
Why is the Big Wave different?
- Coaching Education! Rapids Youth staff provide a 60-minute classroom session and field session PLUS the John O’Sullvin Seminar for all coaches of teams registered in the event.
- Fast-paced, small-sided games! Teams play in a unique environment that promotes quick matches, lots of goals, and tons of action.
- Low Cost! A true bang-for-your-buck event with games + coaching education for one low registration fee.
- Fun in the Sun! This event will have food, open field space to play on, and other fun activities for families and kids to enjoy!
Required Completed Forms
- Every team 6U – 12U is required to provide a copy of their roster.
- Rosters are to be brought on the day of the event.
- Rosters are NOT to be added to GotSport and are to be submitted on the day of the event.
- All teams must have medical forms filled out by parents for each player.
- Medical forms used for the upcoming season are acceptable.
- These medical forms DO NOT require a doctor’s visit.
Cancellation Refund Agreement:
- For a tournament in progress (dates of the planned event), in the event of rain, snow or acts of God, the tournament director reserves the right to reduce game times and numbers of games.
- Should there be any cancellations, all scoring will transition to “Points Per Game” average for those teams below the number of games all others have completed.
- Games canceled early will have a score stand if more than 50% of the 1st half minutes are played.
- Refund Structure is as follows:
- 100% refund – if the tournament is canceled in its entirety due to COVID-19.
- 80% refund – if the event is canceled entirely due to weather, or any other external forces.
- 60% refund – If only 1 game is played of the 3 guaranteed games.
- 30% refund – If only 2 games are played of the 3 guaranteed games.
- No refund is given if:
- A team withdraws within 30 days prior to the tournament.
- a team decides to forfeit a game, giving them less than the guaranteed minimum of played games.
- The team withdraws to play in another tournament.
DICK'S Sporting Goods Park
Thank You to our Proud Partners of The Big Wave Jamboree:
Frequently Asked Questions
Registration is open NOW! The Registration Deadline is August 22nd, 2021. This deadline allows for late-forming teams to have access to the event!
The tournament will be held at DICK’s Sporting Goods Park, on Pod 1!
Teams will begin seeing acceptance notifications as early as 6 weeks before the tournament date. Acceptances will cease after the registration deadline passes!
All teams are guaranteed 2 or 3 games depending on the size of your bracket and registration numbers!
Due to the nature of this event being a “jamboree-style” event, we will NOT be keeping scores or win-loss records. All participants will receive a Big Wave participation medal.
- Teams will play a 2 or 3-game round-robin against each other.
- Teams will be matched up against similar-level teams to ensure a fun environment.
- Scores and standings will not be kept.
- Each player will receive a participation medal at the end.
- Games are to be fun-focused and for the love of the game.
- A Referee Education event will coincide with the games to end the day!