THE BOYS ICEBREAKER WEEKEND (FEBRUARY 25-28) HAS BEEN CANCELLED.
Colorado’s Largest Spring Pre-Season Tournament! Join us for the 3rd annual CRYSC Icebreaker Tournament at Aurora Sports Park and the Gates Soccer Complex in early Spring of 2021! This new-and-improved event is split into two weekends with boys playing the first weekend and girls playing the second weekend. The Icebreaker comes at a perfect time to get your team prepared for the upcoming spring season. Dust off the outdoor boots and help us break the ice this spring by signing up for the first CRYSC tournament of the season!
For all teams traveling to Colorado for this event, you are required to use Traveling Teams hotel booking services. More details on hospitality can be found in the lodging tab below.
Find all of the information that you need to get your team registered in the Icebreaker Tournament 2021 guide below. For any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact CRYSC Tournaments Director, Marcus Owerko, at [email protected].
* BOYS REFUND UPDATE – Refunds will be issued within the next 48-72 hours and should appear in accounts by Friday, March 12th*
* GIRLS SCHEDULE IS LIVE – LINK IS BELOW *
Required Completed Forms
- Every Colorado-based competitive team 11U – 19U is required to provide a 2021 state-sanctioned roster with pictures included. (No player passes anymore.)
- Every non-Colorado team and recreational teams 11U-19U are required to provide a state or club-approved roster AND player passes.
- All non-Colorado teams are required to bring player passes, including guest players.
- All teams are required to bring an official guest roster should you have guest players. (Above)
- All competitive teams must supply medical release forms for all players. (Above)
- For teams coming from outside Region IV, and out of state guest players, must have official permission from the home state sanctioning body to participate in the Icebreaker Tournament.
Cancellation Refund Agreement:
- For a tournament in progress (dates of planned event), in the event of rain, snow or acts of God, the tournament director reserves the right to reduce game times and numbers of games.
- Refund Structure is as follows:
- 100% refund – if the tournament is cancelled in entirety due to COVID-19.
- 80% refund – if the event is cancelled entirely due to weather, or any other external forces.
- 60% refund – If only 1 game is played of the 3 guaranteed games.
- 30% refund – If only 2 games are played of the 3 guaranteed games.
- No refund is given if:
- A team withdraws within 30 days prior to the tournament.
- a team decides to forfeit a game, giving them less than the guaranteed minimum of played games.
- The team withdraws to play in another tournament.
Aurora Sports Park
Gates Soccer Complex
Frequently Asked Questions
Early Bird Registration:
BOYS deadline is February 5th, 2021.
Teams waitlisted will be notified no later than by February 12th, 2021 of their acceptance into the event.
GIRLS deadline is February 12th, 2021.
Teams waitlisted will be notified no later than by February 19th, 2021 of their acceptance into the event.
**A $100 late fee will be added on for all registrations received during our waitlist time period.**
All 9v9 Games: Gates South Soccer Complex
11v11 Elite and Some Gold Division Games: Douglas County Fairgrounds
11v11 Bronze, Silver, and Some Gold Games: Gates North Soccer Complex
The tournament will be held at the Gates Soccer Complex and Aurora Sports Park.
Teams will begin seeing acceptance notifications as early as 6 weeks before the tournament date. Acceptances will cease within 2 weeks of the event date.
Every team is guaranteed three games.
Schedules will be posted no later than one week prior to tournament kickoff. Schedules can be found on GotSoccer OR at the top of this web page.
4 team bracket – round robin with two highest point teams playing in a championship
5 team bracket – round robin with highest point team as champion
6 team bracket – Two 3 team groups with a championship and a consolation game
8 team bracket – Two 4 team groups with a championship game
First place teams will receive a “Champions” medal for each player and coach, and 1 “Champion” trophy per team.
Second place teams will receive a “Finalist” medal each player and coach.
Only teams playing in ECNL or an equivalent-level of league play are allowed to apply for acceptance to the ELITE Bracket. If you would like to know more, please email the Tournament Director at [email protected]
All scores are entered and updated immediately online as soon as game cards are received. The scores for the final game of the day will be entered within 2 hours of the score being received. All flights and playoff games for day 2 of the tournament will be updated online 2 hours following the final game on day 1. The website will be the most up-to-date and accurate information for scores and standings.
The following points are allotted per instance:
SIX points for a win;
THREE points for a tie;
ZERO points for a loss;
Minus one (-1) point for each red card issued to a player, coach or parent; and
Minus two (-2) points for a forfeiture or abandonment of a game.
Determination of Group Winners
In group play, there will be no overtime games. Standings in a group will be determined by game points:
Win: 6 points
Tie: 3 point
Loss: 0 points
Goals: 1 point for each goal up to 3 goals
1 point for shut out except for 0-0
In the event that two or more teams are tied in points at the end of the preliminary games, the following tie breakers shall be applied in the order given until a winner is determined:
Head to Head (if all teams played each other)
Number of red cards (team with the least red cards progresses)
FIFA penalty kicks
For U11-U18 matches a minimum of seven (7) players constitutes a game. Games should start at the given start time. In case the team does not have seven (7) players present, there will be a maximum of five (5) minutes grace period before awarding the game to the opponent. A forfeit will be scored 3-0.