Bringing Regional & National Competition to the Front Range! Register today for the 14th annual Kelvin Norman Memorial Tournament from June 4th to June 6th, 2021 hosted by Rapids Youth Soccer! While we were unable to hold last year’s event due to COVID-19, we’re so excited to bring the soccer community together for this national event in 2021.
The Kelvin Norman tournament is one of the nation’s premier summer competitions, featuring teams from across the United States. The tournament is open to all boys and girls recreational and competitive teams, ages 9U-19U. Register today and join teams from around the country battling it out in June 2021! With over 200 teams in attendance in 2019, we are anticipating a big return for our soccer community at the Kelvin Norman tournament.
All teams traveling to Colorado for this event are required to use Traveling Teams hotel booking services to ensure a smooth and easy hotel booking process. More details on hospitality can be found in the lodging tab below or CLICK HERE to book your stay!
Find all of the information that you need to get your team registered in the Kelvin Norman 2021 guide below. For any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact CRYSC Tournaments Director, Marcus Owerko, at [email protected].
Tournament Weekend Details
- 11 v 11
- 3 Games Guaranteed
- Max Roster: 18 Players, 2 Staff
- 13U-14U: 2 x 35 Minute Halves, 5 min. halftime
- 15U-16U: 2 x 40 Minute Halves, 5 min. halftime
- Size 5 Ball
Required Completed Forms
- Every competitive team 8U – 19U is required to provide a state sanctioned roster.
- Every recreational team 8U – 19U is required to provide a club-verified copy of their roster.
- If your roster is NOT the new 2021 CSA roster with pictures, teams are required to bring player passes, including guest players.
- All teams are required to bring an official guest roster should you have guest players. (Above)
- All competitive teams must supply medical release forms for all players. (Above)
- For teams coming from outside Region IV, and out of state guest players, must have official permission from the home state sanctioning body to participate in the Icebreaker Tournament.
Cancellation Refund Agreement:
- For a tournament in progress (dates of planned event), in the event of rain, snow or acts of God, the tournament director reserves the right to reduce game times and numbers of games.
- Refund Structure is as follows:
- 100% refund – if the tournament is cancelled in entirety due to COVID-19.
- 80% refund – if the event is cancelled entirely due to weather, or any other external forces.
- 60% refund – If only 1 game is played of the 3 guaranteed games.
- 30% refund – If only 2 games are played of the 3 guaranteed games.
- No refund is given if:
- A team withdraws within 30 days prior to the tournament.
- a team decides to forfeit a game, giving them less than the guaranteed minimum of played games.
- The team withdraws to play in another tournament.
Aurora Sports Park
Gates Soccer Complex
Frequently Asked Questions
The Early Deadline is May 14th, 2021.
The Waitlist Deadline is May 21st, 2021.
Teams who apply during the waitlist week will be notified no later than by May 21st, 2021 of their acceptance into the event.
**A $100 late fee will be added on for all registrations received during our waitlist time period.**
The tournament will be held at The Gates Soccer Complex and Aurora Sports Park.
Teams will begin seeing acceptance notifications as early as 6 weeks before the tournament date. Acceptances will cease within 2 weeks of the event date.
Every team is guaranteed three games.
Schedules will be sent out no later than one week prior to tournament kickoff. Schedules can be found on GotSoccer OR at the top of this web page.
The following points are allotted per instance:
SIX points for a win;
THREE points for a tie;
ZERO points for a loss;
Minus one (-1) point for each red card issued to a player, coach or parent; and
Minus two (-2) points for a forfeiture or abandonment of a game.
Determination of Group Winners
In group play, there will be no overtime games. Standings in a group will be determined by game points:
Win: 6 points
Tie: 3 point
Loss: 0 points
Goals: 1 point for each goal up to 3 goals
1 point for shut out except for 0-0
In the event that two or more teams are tied in points at the end of the preliminary games, the following tie breakers shall be applied in the order given until a winner is determined:
Head to Head (if all teams played each other)
Number of red cards (team with the least red cards progresses)
FIFA penalty kicks
For U11-U18 matches a minimum of seven (7) players constitutes a game. Games should start at the given start time. In case the team does not have seven (7) players present, there will be a maximum of five (5) minutes grace period before awarding the game to the opponent. A forfeit will be scored 3-0.
All scores are entered and updated immediately online as soon as game cards are received. The scores for the final game of the day will be entered within 2 hours of the score being received. All flights and playoff games for day 2 of the tournament will be updated online 2 hours following the final game on day 1. The website will be the most up-to-date and accurate information for scores and standings.
4 team bracket – Round robin with the top 2 teams playing in a championship.
5 team bracket – Round robin with highest point team as champion.
6 team bracket – Two 3-team groups with the top team from each playing in a cross-bracket championship and a cross-bracket consolation game.
8 team bracket – Two 4-team groups with the top team from each playing in a championship game.
- First place teams will receive a “Champions” medal for each player and coach, and 1 “Champion” trophy per team.
- Second place teams will receive a “Finalist” medal each player and coach.