Colorado’s Largest Fall Pre-Season Tournament! Do you have what it takes to compete against the best teams in Colorado and the Western United States?
Join us for the 10th Anniversary of Rapids Classic taking place in late August of 2021! The Classic is one of the largest tournaments in Colorado, hosting around 400 teams each year. Please scroll down and below for additional information!
NEW IN 2021 – U13 & U14 ELITE DIVISIONS FOR BOYS
- ELITE Divisions will be for ECNL and top Developmental league teams looking for top-level competition to kick off the Fall soccer season.
- Includes top-quality playing surfaces, regional quality refereeing, and VEO footage of all games available after the event for FREE.
Colorado Rapids vs. Real Salt Lake Discounted Tickets Availible for Registered Teams!
- Teams registered for the 2021 Rapids Classic will have access to the Colorado Rapids vs. Real Salt Lake MLS game for a discounted rate!
- Ticket prices start as low as $22 per ticket. Purchase your team’s tickets today to guarantee seating together. *Link available after registration!*
Find all of the information that you need to get your team registered in the Rapids Classic 2021 guide below. For any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact CRYSC Director of Tournaments Marcus Owerko, at [email protected].
Tournament Weekend Details
- When? August 19th to 22nd, 2021
- 9U to 15U Boys, Competitive & Recreational teams
- 9U to 15U Girls, Competitive & Recreational teams
- ELITE Divisions are available for U13 and U14 BOYS teams!
- Where? DICK’S Sporting Goods Park, Gates Soccer Complex, & Aurora Sports Park
- How Much? $675-$875 per team, depending on age & level
- Deadline to Register? Early registration ends July 29th, 2021. Waitlist registration ends August 5th, 2021.
- BOYS – 9U to 15U
- GIRLS – 9U to 19U
- ELITE Divisions for ECNL/Developmental Teams
- 11 v 11, Size 5 Ball, 3 Games Guaranteed
- 13U-14U: 2 x 35 Min Halves, 5 min. HT
- 15U-16U: 2 x 40 Min Halves, 5 min. HT
- 17U-19U: 2 x 45 Min Halves, 5 min. HT
Roster Requirements & Forms
- All teams and players are to register by Calendar Year.
- Spring 2021: 2008 = U13
- Fall 2021: 2008 = U14
- Every competitive team 9U – 19U is required to complete a roster within GotSport 2.0.
- Please CLICK HERE for a video tutorial how to create a roster on GotSport.
- Every recreational team 9U – 19U is required to provide a club-verified copy of their roster.
- Roster must be 70% or more of your original players and up to 30% guest players.
- Certain circumstances can be approved based on requests to tournament staff.
- All competitive teams must have proof of medical release forms for all players in PDF form. You do NOT need to upload them to Got Sport. (Linked above)
Cancellation Refund Agreement:
- For a tournament in progress (dates of planned event), in the event of rain, snow or acts of God, the tournament director reserves the right to reduce game times and numbers of games.
- Should there be any cancellations creating a difference in games played in a division, all scoring will transition to “Points Per Game” average for those divisions.
- Games cancelled early will have a score stand if more than 50% of the 1st half minutes are played.
- Refund Structure is as follows:
- 100% refund – if the tournament is cancelled in entirety due to COVID-19.
- 80% refund – if the event is cancelled entirely due to weather, or any other external forces.
- 60% refund – If only 1 game is played of the 3 guaranteed games.
- 30% refund – If only 2 games are played of the 3 guaranteed games.
- No refund is given if:
- A team withdraws within 30 days prior to the tournament.
- a team decides to forfeit a game, giving them less than the guaranteed minimum of played games.
- The team withdraws to play in another tournament.
DICK'S Sporting Goods Park
Gates Soccer Complex
Aurora Sports Park
Thank You to our Proud Partners of the Rapids Classic
Frequently Asked Questions
The Early Deadline is July 29th, 2021.
The Waitlist Deadline is August 5th, 2021.
Teams who apply during the waitlist week will be notified no later than by August 5th, 2021 of their acceptance into the event.
**A $100 late fee will be added on for all registrations received during our waitlist time period.**
Teams will begin seeing acceptance notifications as early as 6 weeks before the tournament date. Acceptances will cease within 2 weeks of the event date.
Every team is guaranteed three games.
Schedules will be sent out no later than one week prior to tournament kickoff. Schedules can be found on GotSoccer OR at the top of this web page.
The following points are allotted per instance:
SIX points for a win;
THREE points for a tie;
ZERO points for a loss;
Minus one (-1) point for each red card issued to a player, coach or parent; and
Minus two (-2) points for a forfeiture or abandonment of a game.
Determination of Group Winners
In group play, there will be no overtime games. Standings in a group will be determined by game points:
Win: 6 points
Tie: 3 point
Loss: 0 points
Goals: 1 point for each goal up to 3 goals
1 point for shut out except for 0-0
In the event that two or more teams are tied in points at the end of the preliminary games, the following tie breakers shall be applied in the order given until a winner is determined:
Head to Head (if all teams played each other)
Number of red cards (team with the least red cards progresses)
FIFA penalty kicks
For U11-U18 matches a minimum of seven (7) players constitutes a game. Games should start at the given start time. In case the team does not have seven (7) players present, there will be a maximum of five (5) minutes grace period before awarding the game to the opponent. A forfeit will be scored 3-0.
All scores are entered and updated immediately online as soon as game cards are received. The scores for the final game of the day will be entered within 2 hours of the score being received. All flights and playoff games for day 2 of the tournament will be updated online 2 hours following the final game on day 1. The website will be the most up-to-date and accurate information for scores and standings.
4 team bracket – Round robin with the top 2 teams playing in a championship.
5 team bracket – Round robin with highest point team as champion.
6 team bracket – Two 3-team groups with the top team from each playing in a cross-bracket championship and a cross-bracket consolation game.
8 team bracket – Two 4-team groups with the top team from each playing in a championship game.
- First place teams will receive a “Champions” medal for each player and coach, and 1 “Champion” trophy per team.
- Second place teams will receive a “Finalist” medal each player and coach.