Colorado’s Largest Fall Pre-Season Tournament! Do you have what it takes to compete against the best teams in Colorado and the Western United States? Join us for the 10th Anniversary of Rapids Classic! This event is hosted at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park, Gates Soccer Complex, Aurora Sports Park, and other Denver metro area facilities.
The Rapids Classic is one of the largest tournaments in Colorado, hosting around 400 teams each year. The Classic is open to boys & girls competitive and recreational teams from all states, ages 9U-19U. While we were able to hold last year’s event at reduced capacity, we are so excited to bring the full soccer community back together again for this national event in 2021!
Find all of the information that you need to get your team registered in the Rapids Classic 2021 guide below. For any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact CRYSC Director of Tournaments Marcus Owerko, at Marcus.Owerko@rapidsyouthsoccer.org.
Tournament Weekend Details
- When? August 19th to 22nd, 2021
- Who? 9U to 19U Boys AND Girls, Competitive & Recreational teams
- Where? DICK’S Sporting Goods Park, Gates Soccer Complex, & Aurora Sports Park
- How Much? $675-$875 per team, depending on age & level
- Deadline to Register? Early registration ends July 29th, 2021. Waitlist registration ends August 5th, 2021.
Required Completed Forms
- Every competitive team 8U – 19U is required to provide a state sanctioned roster.
- Every recreational team 8U – 19U is required to provide a club-verified copy of their roster.
- If your roster is NOT the new 2021 CSA roster with pictures, teams are required to bring player passes, including guest players.
- All teams are required to bring an official guest roster should you have guest players. (Above)
- All competitive teams must supply medical release forms for all players. (Above)
- For teams coming from outside Region IV, and out of state guest players, must have official permission from the home state sanctioning body to participate in the Icebreaker Tournament.
Cancellation Refund Agreement:
- For a tournament in progress (dates of planned event), in the event of rain, snow or acts of God, the tournament director reserves the right to reduce game times and numbers of games.
- Refund Structure is as follows:
- 100% refund – if the tournament is cancelled in entirety due to COVID-19.
- 80% refund – if the event is cancelled entirely due to weather, or any other external forces.
- 60% refund – If only 1 game is played of the 3 guaranteed games.
- 30% refund – If only 2 games are played of the 3 guaranteed games.
- No refund is given if:
- A team withdraws within 30 days prior to the tournament.
- a team decides to forfeit a game, giving them less than the guaranteed minimum of played games.
- The team withdraws to play in another tournament.
DICK'S Sporting Goods Park
Gates Soccer Complex
Aurora Sports Park
Frequently Asked Questions
The Early Deadline is July 29th, 2021.
The Waitlist Deadline is August 5th, 2021.
Teams who apply during the waitlist week will be notified no later than by August 5th, 2021 of their acceptance into the event.
**A $100 late fee will be added on for all registrations received during our waitlist time period.**
Teams will begin seeing acceptance notifications as early as 6 weeks before the tournament date. Acceptances will cease within 2 weeks of the event date.
Every team is guaranteed three games.
Schedules will be sent out no later than one week prior to tournament kickoff. Schedules can be found on GotSoccer OR at the top of this web page.
The following points are allotted per instance:
SIX points for a win;
THREE points for a tie;
ZERO points for a loss;
Minus one (-1) point for each red card issued to a player, coach or parent; and
Minus two (-2) points for a forfeiture or abandonment of a game.
Determination of Group Winners
In group play, there will be no overtime games. Standings in a group will be determined by game points:
Win: 6 points
Tie: 3 point
Loss: 0 points
Goals: 1 point for each goal up to 3 goals
1 point for shut out except for 0-0
In the event that two or more teams are tied in points at the end of the preliminary games, the following tie breakers shall be applied in the order given until a winner is determined:
Head to Head (if all teams played each other)
Number of red cards (team with the least red cards progresses)
FIFA penalty kicks
For U11-U18 matches a minimum of seven (7) players constitutes a game. Games should start at the given start time. In case the team does not have seven (7) players present, there will be a maximum of five (5) minutes grace period before awarding the game to the opponent. A forfeit will be scored 3-0.
All scores are entered and updated immediately online as soon as game cards are received. The scores for the final game of the day will be entered within 2 hours of the score being received. All flights and playoff games for day 2 of the tournament will be updated online 2 hours following the final game on day 1. The website will be the most up-to-date and accurate information for scores and standings.
4 team bracket – Round robin with the top 2 teams playing in a championship.
5 team bracket – Round robin with highest point team as champion.
6 team bracket – Two 3-team groups with the top team from each playing in a cross-bracket championship and a cross-bracket consolation game.
8 team bracket – Two 4-team groups with the top team from each playing in a championship game.
- First place teams will receive a “Champions” medal for each player and coach, and 1 “Champion” trophy per team.
- Second place teams will receive a “Finalist” medal each player and coach.